Sunday 23 April 2017

Semester 2. Week 10, Peer Review

This week we had peer review. I always find this practice useful in understanding where I am with regards to my grades, and also to gain inspiration from my peers.

I was lucky enough to be in a group where the three of us have very different styles; Luke and I compared Nikita's drawings to Picasso and praised her for her confidence in each task, we could see that she threw herself into each piece, and also for focusing on shapes and tone in a way that we hadn't. Nikita and I praised Luke for having his own style and making briefs his own, going outside the box while remaining in the parameters of the task. These are all qualities I hope, now, to develop in my own work. 

Here is a copy of the review I was given:


After reading their suggestions we chatted for a bit and it seems what I'm lacking is a variety of media - particularly colour or wet media. I agree in the sense that, compared to my last project, this semester's work is not colourful and I have focused on honing use of charcoal and continuous line, which is best done with pen. Although, as we have not experimented with colour and my goal was to use what we have learned, I do not feel as if I need to change any of my previous artwork to fit this. However, I have added more colour in the Hive map book I created in week nine and it does work better there.

I also appreciated the positive comments as they gave me confidence in the work I had already done, pushing me to complete work that I had left to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment